The twin barns of the Highland Croft farm were unusual for New England. With their gambrel roofs, they were more typical of the Pennsylvania farms where William Brown Dickson came from. They were built in 1908 and had nice timber peg construction. One of the barns was burned in the loft area and rebuilt, still matching the other perfectly.
They had a stone paddock and were in use as recently as 2000 with poultry and sheep
The creek ran by and provided water for the animals. It flows under the driveway bridge and forms a duck pond with a dam. The set back from the road is enhanced by this flowing body of water to create what feels like an island in time.
More about barns..